Canada Provincial Nominee Program
Canada is known as the most ideal country to obtain Permanent Residency Visa, in view of its soft immigration policies, High employment rate, and perfect settings to raise family.
There are different immigration programs in Canada. which offer Permanent Residency Visa to the highly skilled and talented overseas workers and professionals, i.e. Express Entry System, Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). etc.
However, most of these programs follow a point based immigration system and hence, your selection for PR visa depends on the total points you score based on your education, age. language skills, work experience. etc. factors.
PNPs (Provincial Nominee Programs) as the name suggest are the immigration programs, which allow the different provinces across Canada to select the immigrants, appropriate for its labour market and economy. The Candidate who wishes to immigrate to and settle in a specific province of Canada can apply in the respective PNP programs.
Every province selects a provinces based on its own needs, criteria and parameters and hence each provinces has different set of requirements as well. Each province has a contract with IRCC (Immigration Citizenship Refugee Canada) that permits them to choose permanent residents for their own province.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The PNP programs are different from the main stream federal immigration programs of Canada. Depending on the PNP programs, you get many relaxations as an applicant, i.e.
- Liberty to choose a province to settle
- No job offer requirement,
- Points allocated for area of training,
- No hassles of pool selections, etc.
If you apply in any of the PNP (See bottom of the page) and get selected, you receive a nomination from that particular province, which makes you eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
There are two basic pathways to apply for a PNP Program of a particular province in Canada:
Apply to a PNP of a Province directly: You have chosen a province in Canada to settle, you can directly apply in its Provincial Nominee Program. Here are the steps you need to follow in direct PNP application:
- Choose a province and apply in its PNP program.
- Your Applications will be reviewed based on the selection criteria/point system of that particular province.
- If you are selected you will get a nomination lettter from the province.
- Based on the nomination, you can apply for permanent residency in Canada to IRCC (Immigration, Refugee Citizenship Canada).
On receipt of the application, IRCC usually does the formalities, i.e. verification of the medical and character certifications of a candidate, etc. And second
Apply via Express Entry System: If you register on Express entry and make it to the Express entry pool, your profile can be viewed and selected by the different provinces or territories of Canada. If your profile is picked by any of the province, you will get invitation to get in touch with the province to be considered for their program. If you are invited in such a way by a province, you become eligible to get an online ITA for Permanent residency visa, based on the nomination/invitation from the province.
The Express Entry stream of a PNP is the stream aligned with federal express entry system. Under this stream a Canadian provinces are allowed to select the candidates from express entry pool and notify them to apply in their Provincial Nominee Program.
If an applicant applies and get selected, he/she becomes eligible to get the provincial nomination and subsequently receives 600 additional CRS points in federal express entry system. The 600 CRS points ensures the ITA (Invitation to Apply) for Canada PR from IRCC in the subsequent draw of federal Express Entry System.
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- OINP- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
- Manitabo Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is key selection parameter in Canada immigration system. The Immigration authorities verify the English proficiency level of an applicant based on their IELTS Test result. Hence, ILTS is a globally recognized and accepted English langue proficiency test.
- Saskatchewan Province of Canada accepts the applicants with low IELTS score requirement for its Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). The SINP require minimum CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 4 score in IELTS.