Immigration to Canada via Express Entry System
Launched on January 1st, 2015, Express Entry is the most popular and organized point based Immigration System in the world today. Canada’s Express Entry System selects the skilled and talented immigrants for permanent residency visa, based on the needs and requirements of its labour market and economy.
It manages the applications received for Permanent Residence (PR) in its below economic immigration programs, i.e.
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades program
- The Canadian experience class
Express Entry selects the skilled immigrants through its point based system that allocates points to the registered candidates, based on their key profile factors, i.e. age, education, work experience language skills, etc.
Provinces and territories are also allowed to view and choose the candidates from the Express Entry system for their Provincial Nominee Program to meet the local labour market needs accordingly. Let’s find out about the key eligibility requirements of the express entry system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The key express entry eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Provide the score results of the language test. The language tests results are valid for two years and
- Overseas applicants need to show their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report lists parallel to the Canadian education. ECA’s are valid for five years.
- A candidate need to apply online in Express entry and submit EOI
- Need to score minimum 67 points based on their profile factors (i.e. age, education, language proficiency, etc.) to become eligible to apply via express entry system
- Provide the health and character certifications once ITA (invitation to apply) for PR visa is issued.
As you are now aware about the key requirements of express entry system, now it’s time to know more about the periodic Express entry draws.
The IRCC launches a draw (also called as Canada Express Entry Draw) every fortnight to choose the best candidates for issuance of invitation to apply for PR visa. For every express entry draw, qualifying marks (CRS Score requirement) are decided. The candidates who meet or exceed the qualifying marks, becomes eligible to receive ITA from IRCC. You may visit the News Section on Visas Avenue website to see the latest draw results of express entry system.
The Candidates submitting their EOI (Expression of Interest) in Express Entry System are given points for their each profile detail, i.e. qualification, work experience, language proficiency, age, etc. based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The cumulative of these points forms a CRS Score of the candidate. The Candidates with top CRS score are selected by IRCC in its periodic Express Entry draws.
To calculate your points against Canada Express entry points requirements, you may refer to Canada express entry points calculator. Here is how you can apply in the express entry system.
You may follow the process below to apply in express entry system of Canada. The Express Entry system has two key steps, i.e.
Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile. Qualified candidates are placed in a pool.
The prospective candidates need to complete an online express entry profile where they are asked to provide their:
- Work experience,
- Language ability,
- Education and
- Other details needed by the CIC for assessment.
Those who meet the criteria for one of the federal immigration programs subject to above get accepted into a pool of candidates.
- Candidates will be assessed against others within the pool, and be ranked based on criteria that are known to come up with a newcomer’s economic success in Canada.
- Only the highest-ranked candidates, and those with valid offers or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
- Anyone who does not have the offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment or a nomination from a province then they must register themselves with the Employment and Social Development Canada.
Step 2) the highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Candidates will be graded against others in the pool using a point’s based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points will be awarded on the basis of the information provided in their profiles, i.e. Age, qualification, work experience, language proficiency, etc. Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply.
A candidate gets additional points for:
- A nomination by a Canadian province or territory.
If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for the permanent residence. The IRCC will process the best part of complete permanent residence applications received in six months or less. Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. In case they do not get an invitation to Apply for permanent residence within the 12 months of submitting an express entry profile, they have to submit a new profile.
If you choose to apply for Canadian PR via express entry through us, you are assured of getting thorough assistance and support in the following:
- Full guidance to meet the documentation requirements for the Canada FSW programs,
- Providing guidance on Educational Credential Assessment,
- Inform the clients with up to date PNP details.